SUNSHINE HOUSE | VACANCY
Position: Foot Care Nurse
Department: Street Feet
Address: Sunshine House, 646 Logan Ave. Winnipeg.
Hours: Part-time between 1400 – 1700 & 1700 – 2000 hrs alternating Wednesdays, additional hours may include Mondays
Job posting date: Feb 4/2019
Closing date: Feb 28/2019
Posting number: 2019-02
Position Description: Working within a Population Health and Harm Reduction framework, the Foot Clinic Nurse will provide a range of direct foot care services to clients attending the Street Feet Program, including direct care, education and advocacy.
• Graduate of a recognized MB nursing program and be in good standing with the regulatory body.
• Must hold a Foot Care certificate from Assiniboine College, Red River College. A combination of experience and training will be considered
• Education/experience in wound care
• Experience in an inner city community health setting
• Knowledge and familiarity with foot care issues related to poverty, chronic disease, homelessness, addictions and mental health issues
• Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal cultures and traditions
• Knowledge of community resources
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Able to work with respect, professionalism, co-operation, sensitivity
• Demonstrate critical thinking/problem solving skills
• Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities
• Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment
• Ability to work in pro-choice facility that focuses on population health and harm reduction philosophies
• Knowledge and understanding of issues impacting the health of inner city residents
Applicants will be required to submit academic and training credentials prior to hiring.
Please submit resumes by:
Mail: Sunshine House INC.
646 Logan Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3A 0S7
BOTH THE JOB TITLE AND POSTING NUMBER MUST APPEAR IN THE SUBJECT TITLE OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.