Sunshine House Inc.
Position: Foot Care Nurse
Department: Street Feet
Address: Sunshine House, 646 Logan Ave. Winnipeg
Hours: Casual Position
Monday and/or Wednesday
Job posting date: April 30, 2021
Closing date: Open until filled
Posting number: 2019-03
Consistent with the principles of primary health care and the Vison of Sunshine House and reporting to the Street Feet Project Manager, the Foot Care Nurse will provide foot care services to clients. The nurse will participate in and collaborate with community initiatives focusing on quality foot care, chronic disease prevention, education and management. The incumbent works independently and as a member of the Street Feet team to initiate and evaluate interventions to ensure optimal client care. The incumbent adopts a long term client centered approach to care consistent with the philosophy of harm reduction and as a means of ensuring continuity of care.
• must have ability to work in an interdisciplinary team approach
• Acknowledge limitations in knowledge, judgement and/ or skills; and function within those limitations.
• Assume responsibility for maintaining competence in own nursing practice.
• Ability to work in pro-choice drop-in centre in an inner city community and provide care using harm reduction principles.
• May be required to provide nursing care in a variety of settings including private homes
• Physically capable of performing duties related to the position, including clients with physical and mental challenges during clinic visits, lifting a variety of clinic equipment and teaching materials
• Graduate of approved Registered Nursing or Licensed Practical Nursing education program.
• Must have a valid document for Foot Care from Assiniboine College, Red River College or equivalent.
• Must be licensed to practice in Manitoba and be a member in good standing with CRNM. This includes knowledge of the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
• CPR certification at Basic Rescuer level
• Participates in planning, implementing and evaluation of clinic efficiency initiatives.
• Stays up to date with emerging trends and issues relating to nursing, foot care as well as chronic pain management.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of guidelines and best practices relating to foot care
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A minimum 1 year experience working in an inner city community health setting
• A minimum of 1 year experience working as a Registered Nurse/ LPN
• Demonstrated clinical skill in physical examination and nursing intervention
• Able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with respect, professionalism, cooperation, sensitivity and cultural awareness.
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
• Ability to work in a pro-choice community health facility and provide care using harm reduction principles.
• Ability to work within the impacts of the social determinants of health in an effective and non-judgemental way.
• Knowledge of the legacy of residential schools, colonization, assimilation and the impacts of such history on the health of individuals.
• Understanding of how culture and diversity influence the client service plan.
• Ability to mentor, support and work alongside students and volunteers.
• Applicants will be required to submit academic and training credentials prior to hiring.
Please submit resume to:
Mail: Sunshine House INC.
646 Logan Ave. Winnipeg, MB R3A 0S7
BOTH THE JOB TITLE AND POSTING NUMBER MUST APPEAR IN THE SUBJECT TITLE OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Services for Seniors Winkler Senior Centre
We are a Services for Seniors Resource Department. We are looking for Qualified Foot Care Nurses that we can add to our referral list. There is a very high demand for this service in Winkler and surrounding area.
Qualified Foot Care Nurses will provide foot care services to clients. Footcare nurses work independently, scheduling their own appointments and recording of client information.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining competence in own nursing practice.
- May be required to provide nursing care in a variety of settings including private homes
- Physically capable of performing duties related to the position, including clients with physical and mental challenges during foot care appointments
- Graduate of approved Registered Nursing or Licensed Practical Nursing education program.
- Must be licensed to practice in Manitoba and have a valid document for Foot Care from Assiniboine College, Red River College
- Must supply own equipment
We require documentation of qualifications, references, criminal record check and adult abuse registry check.
Les Flaming Foot Care Inventory
I have a final inventory of used Sterilized instruments , and accessories for sale. Could tentatively deliver to Dauphin. All other freight cost will be added to purchase. Canada Post/ courier, transport depending on purchaser’s choice
- 11 complete sets- nippers , curette, black file, diamond burr Paid $150 asking $75 each
- 3 nail splitters paid $55 asking $35
- 2 Foot Logic combo files Paid$30.00 only 6 months old rarely used$20
- 13 6inch flat files Paid $10.00 asking $5.00
- 4 Ceramic burrs paid $60 asking $30, 4 steel ball burrs paid $12 asking $5 each
- 3 boxes -100 gloves xl asking$5 each
- 150= 2.25x 4 Self Seal Sterilization pouches asking $10
- 38 – Germ safe Self Contained Biological Indicators Paid $2.50 each expireb7-2021 asking $ 70.00
- 1 Box Povidone -Iodine Prep Pads paid$ 10.00 asking$10.00
- 946ml Foot Logic Professional Callus Softener Paid $ 60.00 unused asking $50.00
- 180ml Foot Logic Professional Callus Softener Pump Paid $18.00 free with 946ml bottle
- Stainless Steel Mayo Table Paid $250 asking $125.00
- Sensory Testing System $paid $10 asking $5
- *M9D Ritter by Midmark Manual Autoclave with Fabulustre Ultrasonic cleaner and Germi-Safe Bio Incubator currently in lease from CWB National Leasing, could take over lease for final 33 months and then buy out or total Buy out
Contact Leslie for details if interested – 204.647.7511
Foot Care for Seniors is looking to contract nursing foot care companies.
- Excellent pay per client.
- Your choice of days and hours.
- Extremely flexible.
- Must have Nursing Foot Care Course.
- Instruments and Autoclaving available.
- Door to door and facilities.
- You choose the area of the city.